Medicare rebates are available for Life Supports counselling services.
Medicare rebates range from $74.80 to $124.50
per session, covering the majority of service fees.
Concession rates are also available.
For further information, please call us on 1300 735 030.
Services covered by Medicare
If you have concerns about your thoughts, emotions, behaviour – or any issues stemming from relationship problems – you are eligible for a rebate. Below are some common reasons for counselling that attract a Medicare rebate:
- Anger management
- Behavioural issues
- Interpersonal difficulties
- General concerns
- Sleep problems
- Sexual abuse
- Sexuality issues
- Trauma recovery
If you’re dealing with concerns not listed above, please call us to discuss your individual circumstances, as Medicare rebates cover counselling for a wide range of issues.
The process to claim a Medicare rebate
- After making a booking with us at Life Supports, we will send you a confirmation email outlining the details of your appointment
- Print a copy of your confirmation email, or write down the name, address and contact number of the counsellor you have chosen to see
- Book a double appointment with your local GP
- Mention that you have booked in to see a counsellor, and show your GP the confirmation email
- Request a letter of referral (Mental Health Care Plan) addressed to the counsellor you have chosen
- Take the Mental Health Care Plan with you to your counselling session
- Pay the full session fee at the counselling session, and claim your rebate afterwards online or at a Medicare branch, OR
- Claim the gap amount at the counselling office (dependent on the facilities available)
Private health insurance rebates are also available- based on your level of coverage, you may decide to claim via Medicare, private health, or self-fund.
To make an enquiry or book an appointment, please call us on 1300 735 030.