Life Supports is providing office-based, phone and online services 7 days a week throughout the COVID-19 health crisis. When needed, same day appointments are available.
Access to office-based services
Life Supports counselling services are being provided during this time, with the adherence of strict guidelines to protect everyone’s health and safety. We are closely monitoring and adhering to the latest advice being given by the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee. The AHPPC is the key decision-making body for health emergencies and is chaired by Australia’s Chief Medical Officer.
The following hygiene measures are being taken by our counsellors and psychologists:
- No shaking hands
- Minimising clients in waiting rooms and ensuring compliance with social distancing measures
- Rearranging consulting rooms to ensure 2m distance between client and therapist
- Antibacterial cleaning of rooms and all client contact surface areas throughout offices
- Hand-washing between every appointment
It is important that all clients:
- Wash or sanitise your hands when you arrive at your appointment
- Adhere to social distancing measures whilst in our office
- Bring you own bottle of water (if required)
- Request phone or Skype sessions if you have recently travelled overseas, been advised to self-isolate, or if experiencing any of these symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat
These guidelines ensure that we can continue to provide services during the impact of COVID-19 in accordance with AHPPC guidelines. In the event of a period of self-isolation, or if the ability to access office-based appointments changes, services will be provided by phone or online.
Medicare rebates are available for services for people impacted by Coronavirus.< Back to previous page
Online and phone counselling services
Life Supports provides our full range of services online via Skype, Zoom, FaceTime and telephone. Telehealth has been one of our core counselling services for many years and is an effective alternative to in-person sessions.
COVID-19 specific supports
Life Supports is also providing online and phone counselling to support our clients to overcome the specific challenges posed by COVID-19. These services include:
- Stress, anxiety and panic management
- Relationship and family concerns that emerge from being confined to the home environment, including conflict resolution
- Targeted support for those facing employment and financial uncertainties
- Children’s counselling
- Managing pre-existing psychological and mental health issues that may be exacerbated
- Helping households to be proactive in managing periods of isolation, including strategies to utilise this time in productive and meaningful ways
- The range of services outlined on our services page
All services will be provided by a Life Supports counsellor or psychologist from one of our locations in your local area. For continuity of care, this gives you the option of accessing the full range of our online and office-based services.< Back to previous page