Life Supports is a national network of qualified and experienced counsellors and psychologists. We provide professional, evidence-based counselling that is effective, practical and client-centred.
In addition to Life Supports’ face-to-face counselling services, we also offer online video counselling sessions via a range of secure telehealth platforms (such as Skype and Zoom) for clients throughout Australia. Life Supports’ online video-counselling service is a core component of our commitment to ensuring accessibility to high quality counselling services for all members of the Australian community, regardless of location.
Same day appointments are available seven days a week throughout the COVID-19 health crisis.
Medicare rebates are available for services for people impacted by Coronavirus.
All services will be provided by a Life Supports counsellor or psychologist from one of our locations in your local area. For continuity of care, this gives you the option of accessing the full range of our online and office-based services.
Reasons to choose online counselling
Video counselling is convenient, confidential and highly accessible. Reasons that many of our clients choose online counselling include:
- Affordability and privacy
- No wait list
- Work with your preferred therapist, wherever they are in Australia
- Preference for counselling within one’s own familiar environment
- Work commitments: lunchtime, evening and weekend appointments available
- Family commitments: access services without having to organise/pay for childcare
- High need for confidentiality
- Geographic isolation
- Living in/travelling between multiple locations, including international sites
- Mobility and chronic health issues impacting ability to travel to an office appointment
- Lack of transport options and local counselling offices
- Long-distance relationships: online couples counselling can cater to partners living in different locations.
Specialist services available
Life Supports Skype counselling includes services for:
- Anger management
- General concerns
- Marriage and relationships
- Sexual abuse
- Sex and intimacy
This list is not exhaustive. If you are experiencing other issues, talk to one of our consultants who can match you to a therapist skilled in meeting your unique personal support needs.
Online video counselling is effective, secure and easy to access
One of the major benefits of video and Skype counselling is that it’s a visual medium. Live video counselling enables you and your counsellor to speak with and see each other throughout your session, which helps to build trust and a sense of connection. Video counselling also enables your counsellor or psychologist to provide visual demonstrations of evidence-based wellbeing skills such as mindful breathing exercises for anxiety, or body-based stress management strategies.
Once you’ve contacted us to select your preferred counsellor or psychologist, accessing our secure video counselling service is easy. When your appointment is booked, your counsellor or psychologist will call you at the agreed time. All you will need is:
- A computer, tablet or smartphone with a camera and microphone
- Access to the internet
- A free Skype or Zoom account
Online video counselling is effective, confidential and convenient. All video calls are end-to-end encrypted, ensuring your privacy and confidentiality are maintained in every session.
No referrals are required for our telehealth service- you can commence counselling immediately. Life Supports specialist online counsellors and psychologists offer flexible appointment times, including same-day appointments, evenings and weekends.